Luis Garza, Health Sciences Retention Coordinator
My role as the Retention Coordinator is to assist any student referred to me in persisting in their program, focusing on completion and graduation. The goal is to work collaboratively to explore potential solutions, search out resources, and create an action plan.
Challenges to continuing in your program can come from different and unexpected sources and directions, such as:
- Learning Effective Study Strategies
- Test Taking Strategies
- Beating Performance Anxiety
- Time Management Strategies
- Understanding Test Anxiety
- Technology Support
- Instructor/Student Concerns
- Exploring potential resources
- Reviewing Financial Aid status
- Exploring Scholarship Opportunities
- Student Money Management Resources
- Community Resources
- Child Care
- Family Related Issues
- Mental Health Counseling
- Disabilities and Referrals to SAS (Student Accessibility Office)
Luis Garza, M.Ed
Eastview Campus – Room 9407
Round Rock Campus – Room 3105
Should you be interested in meeting with me, please fill out the Student Referral Form below.
All information discussed is confidential and will not be shared unless approved by you.
Links to Services and Resources for Students:
Student Resources Doc
Student Technology Services
Student Advocacy Center
Student Online Study Resources
Student Emergency Funds
Rainy Day Savings Program
Student Accessibility Services
In compliance with COVID-19 recommendations, the Student Affairs team is providing services and support fully online. Team members are able to help you in this virtual environment through email, phone, chat, and/or video conferencing. Find out more at austincc.edu/student-support. Stay updated on COVID-19 by checking the ACC coronavirus page often.